Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kid's Camp 2010




Ridin' the bull!!!!

Isn't this picture so funny?? They are like checking each other out.

Crazy girl is all I can say.

Keep away from Lanie.

Lanie with her best bud Jared.

Lanie even helped out nurse Lori.


Three years ago we received a call from our Children's minister inviting us to be counselors at Kid's Camp. We were unsure with all the logistics at first, but prayed about it. We made the decision to go for it. Three years later I would have to say it was a pretty good decision. We both loved the camp experience. We have a set bible study to teach the kids that ties into the lessons from the pastors. They have awesome activities for the kids to have fun and get messy with in the afternoons. After our first camp adventure we knew this was something we would do again. Last year I decided to stay home since Lanie was just 2 months old. I didn't want to expose her to the July heat and let's be honest nursing in the middle of the night on a bunk sounds less than desirable. So I spent the week with my parents while Bart made the trip to camp. This year our family of three all adventured to camp. Yes we did take our one year old with us. Lanie (all of us) had a complete blast. Lanie's nap schedule couldn't have worked better with the camp schedule. We also had a couple of youth from the church to help us out with entertaining Lanie. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures because I never seemed to have my camera when I needed it. I will admit it was a crazy busy week keeping up with Lanie and camp responsibilities, but I wouldn't change a thing. Hope you enjoyed the pictures. For the life of me I can't figure out out to get the text above the pictures (please somebody help me!!).


No comments:

Post a Comment