Friday, February 25, 2011

July......R U KIDDING???

So for everyone out there who keeps up with my blog and continually only have seen the update I did in July...I'M SO SORRY!!! What can I say, life got a lot hectic and the blog seemed like the logically choice of something to give up for a bit. Then you know how it goes once you get out of the habit of doing something it is soooo hard to get back into it (ex. exercising).

The end of 2010 taught me a whole lot about life, work, and family. I have learned what my limits are and that I truly am going to do my best to not allow myself to get past that point again. It all started with work picking up quite a bit. I mean for 3 months I worked 55-60 hours per week which meant LONG days and working on the weekends so therefore other things had to slide. Any "free" time was spent with Lanie (and the hubby) and cleaning the house for an occasional house showing. O yes don't forget our house was on the market (and still is) during this time as well. I essentially had to give up all my time off during the holidays to meet some deadlines. We still traveled to see our parents so they could enjoy Bart and Lanie's company and occasionally get to see me during my breaks.

I have been debating back and forth on whether to just start updating the blog starting at the current moment in time OR trying to play catch up and updating it for some events over the last few months. I was leaning towards the first option until I read a blog last night about mother's are memory keepers for their kid's lives. Pretty much a punch in the gut!!! I know that I have slacked on taking pictures let alone downloading them/printing them. I am just not the scrapbooking or anything creative for that matter type of person. I have tried to do various projects with friends and always just seem to make myself feel worse and inadequate. So I am making a pledge to myself to make blog books for my children so they can make all memories documented. Yes I know that means I HAVE to be much more diligent about updating my blog. So here's to a new year (wait are we already almost in March).....Here's to the rest of this year to keep my blog up to date for my poor child's sake. I truly want her to have pictures to look back on to remember all the fun family events we do. So now I need to get busy with catch up!!!! (Wonder how many hours this will take).

No comments:

Post a Comment